Friday, January 20, 2006

There is so much beauty in the world...

I'm going to see the latest Sam Mendes movie today, Jarhead, and I am really looking foreward to it. Regardless of piss-temperated reviews from Norweigian press it looks promising. And of course, wonderful Thomas Newman has the score.

Today I found 10.000 kroner on my account which weren't supposed to be there, but then I checked my records and found out that they were supposed to be there. For a moment I thought I had earned a lot of money from nowhere, but I hadn't, so that was stupid of me.

I have been reading two books simultaneously. A Man in Full by one of the Wolfes and Trout Fishing in America by Richard Brautigan. The first seems promising, even though I don't quite know where he is going with the book, the second is strange and I think I don't get it. I understand only fragments of it. Brautigan just jumps, leaps from episode to episode, from place to place, and even though it is supposed to be like that, I find it hard to catch that elusive plot down.
I read somewhere that Richard Brautigan was a terrible person. The book makes him seem anything but.

I have bought an Alanis Morrissette CD, and now she is my new muse. There is so much energy in her songs. They thrust me foreward, lunging me into motion when I just want to be static.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home