Monday, March 06, 2006

I just can't shake the disgust of ugly TV programs

Things I hate and why I hate them:

- "Three Wishes"

Just about five minutes with passive television watching made me feel dirty and ugly and meek. This show is mastubatory aid for WASPs where the single mother feels guilty about being single and her last wish is she gets to go to the local church and her father tells her that she is proud of her. God, what dribble!
How can anybody stand this complete desecration to anything sacred?!

- "Desperate Houswives"

The reason I hate this show is basically because my mother loves it and told me, in such overwhelming confidence it was disgusting that the "wives" resembled Six Feet Under a lot.
...
I mean, this show is just so fucking empty! These old women just stay the same! There is no emotional or spiritual evolution, just the same lame whimsical music in the background that tells you how to fell, just that very familiar thing where the plot focuses on some criminality so to create excitment and an illusion of forward motion where none exists.
The fact that is so easy to see which sort of group this show is marketed and made for, this sort of wounded, middle-class, white with three kids and a husband that does not care sort of woman makes it even worse.

There is NOTHING fundamental here! There is NOTHING even remotely beautiful, touching, painful or even funny in this crappy shit-show!

- "LOST"

I reeeeally like the formate. I really liked the idea when I heard it. I thought it was going to be some sort of modern Lord of the Flies, only without the predictable end. I thought it was interesting in the beginning, but as soon as the show started to focus on all that wierd crap to create a diversion from what I was really interested in, I just stopped watching.

The characters are very predicatble. The hero is a doctor who is kind, the female counterpart is a good criminal... I HAVE SEEN IT BEFORE!
I really liked that Asian couple though. But I hated the fat guy. It was very obvious why he was there. Not on the island, but in the show.

And to now over to the things I currently love:

- "Angles in America"

It is still fucking good!

-" Chuck Palanhiuk"

Or in whichever way one might spell his name.

-"Little Britain."



"Yeah I know!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home