Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The tree and the light


I don't care if this blog sucks. I don't care if no one reads it. It will be only for me.

I was just out jogging at 2 in the morning. The clouds were heavy and the light was waning when I came upon this light, just a normal road-side light. A tree's canopy had spread around it, so when a cold, gentle breeze drifted from the sea, the leaves fluttered, the reflection in the asphalt that was newly wet by rain was so amazing that I wanted to cry.

But I am not a woman, so I didn't.

There is so much beauty in the world and I am so lucky to be alive, even though I got a fucking C on one of my exams and I might not find somewhere to live.

I need to retain my perspective on things.

The preciousness of life, the beauty of everything that is, the sheer magnitude of everything that spins into the cosmic dust of presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home