Wednesday, December 27, 2006

People I love

I love Terry Goodkind. To be thirteen again and discover him, to really trully and utterly let him again open me up to the greatness of the written word. I think Terry Goodkind made me want to read, not only for the pleasure of reading, but for some higher purpose as well. He was the first author to crack me open, to show me the strenght of the story, and even though I do not agree to the extremistic nature of objectivism, I certainly can relate to the basic notion of the beauty of life. And I just finished Phantom.

I love Neil Gaiman, because he is kind of wierd, because he has the capacity to shroud reality with fantasy in a way I don't know if I will ever be capable to, not that I would want to write the stuff he does; I like to stick to the contemporary stuff. It simply does more for me. But I love Sandman, both from a writer's and an artist's point of view. Not that I am neither, but you know. I can pretend.

I love Haruki Murakami, because he is kind of wierd, and he kept me up all night analyzing(ha ha, anal) Lederhosen and all the other strangely titled short stories of the Elephant Vanishes. I like holding his hand and letting him help me ease my own head. Like learning to let go to your own creativity and not always knowing, in painstalking detail, exactly what every faucet of your writing means.

I love Thomas Dybdahl, because his music exists on a totally fundamental level.

I love Laurlyn and Avan. In all their guises.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you love me?

1:30 PM  
Blogger Alexander said...

I tend not to answer freakish strangers.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home